Example Shoot: Full day shoot Photography & Videography and or either. ( Terms are applied to ANY two magpies media shoot for business, promo, events etc.)
Any persons either individual or company are deemed to have accepted these terms upon starting of filming UNLESS a seperate clause has been specifically added in writing and signed. We invite all clients to familiarise themselves with these terms and conditions.
Two Magpies Media will be with you for the agreed time. They will be prepared to capture your wedding day as discussed or as we will discuss. Any specific requests you have will be implemented and fully planned before the wedding.
Unless stated otherwise by yourselves your photographer will constantly take pictures throughout the day and organise your group pictures. We will suggest certain combinations for pictures however again we will work with you to get what you are looking for. Time permitting we will also take you and your partner for a short shoot by yourselves whilst your guests enjoy the day.
Two Magpies Media will provide professional videographers equipped to record the day’s events in full HD and with Public Liability Insurance. The videographers will be with you filming within a time period agreed, capturing key events such as:
The agreed time period will not include set-up time. Staff will ensure they are at the venue at least one hour before the stated start time. Videographers and Photographers will attempt to be as discreet as possible; however, we will be aware of the importance of getting the relevant footage which may mean we are occasionally visible in certain shots.
Time permitting, we will try (if necessary) to view your chosen venues before the wedding, to ensure we have the correct equipment on the day and can plan our positions. If this is made difficult due to short notice, we will bring extra equipment to accommodate any common issues (bad lighting, acoustics). Of course, if a meeting is part of your chosen package we will liaise with you to arrange an appropriate time to meet. We try to contact all venues if we have not shot there before, however we do ask that you ensure they have no restrictions in place for filming or photography (some places particularly churches do not allow flash photography or even videographers).
The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assign the copyright of all images to Two Magpies Media.
In line with GDPR we do require your permission should we choose to use images or a selection of images captured on your day for any future promotional activity. This helps us to further grow our business and allows us to share current and latest work. This is absolutely your choice but by payment for your booking this is your acceptance of these terms.
I/we consent to the following use of the Wedding Photographs/Wedding Video:
On the website of TWO MAGPIES MEDIA
On the Social Media of TWO MAGPIES MEDIA
In print for promotional material and marketing e.g. sample albums / brochures
For use in possible advertising material including magazines and blogs
3. Licence, Coverage and Reproduction:
• Photographs/video taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the photographer/videographer although every effort will be made to comply with the client’s requirements.
• The photographer/videographer shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed/filmed, locations used and post production processing. The photographer/videographer's judgement regarding these matters shall be deemed correct.
• The photographer/videographer shall endeavour to photograph/video all individuals as requested by the client(s) at some point, but no responsibility will be taken by the photographer/videographer on the occasion of leaving somebody out.
• For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer/videographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer/videographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer/videographer's choice and the photographer/videographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case.
• Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs/video.
• Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer/videographer will not be responsible for photographs/video that are not produced due to technical failure.
* The raw data as shot is owned by two magpies media and does not form part of the clients package UNLESS a seperate agreement has been made and signed for with additional costs added to the package.
• All standard wedding packages and additional goods specified on the pricing list are supplied at the prices ruling on the date of booking. Goods not specified on the pricing list are supplied at the prices ruling at the time of receipt of the order.
• A non-refundable booking fee of £150 along with a fully completed booking form will confirm your booking as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions (below). The booking fee will be deducted when calculating the final balance due. Payment in full of the remaining balance will be due 4 weeks before the wedding day.
6. Force Majeure:
• Two Magpies Media will endeavour to put the client(s) in touch with another photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control e.g. sudden illness, injury, victim of crime etc.
• Two Magpies Media cannot be held responsible for failure to attend due to an act of Nature that does not permit safe travel to and from the venue(s) i.e extreme snow, flooding, hurricane etc.
• In the event of an unlikely cancellation by the photographer/videographer, or in the very unlikely event of total photographic/video failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any deposits and fees paid.
• All digital negatives (computer files) remain the property of Two Magpies Media.
8. On The Day Coverage
• The photographer/videographer is the only authorised and official photographer/videographer for your wedding day.
• A meal for the photographer/videographer is requested to be provided on the day where coverage lasts 6+ hours.
• The client(s) are entitled to all final edited high res and low res images to the client(s) for their own non-commercial use.
• The clients will receive a personalised photo slideshow/three min video of highlights of their day along with an online gallery of all the final images and up to one hour full downloadable digital video can also be supplied on a USB memory Stick.
9. Personal Accident:
Any directions issued to clients, their guests or employees during a shoot are deemed to be at said person's own risk. Two Magpies Media cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a shoot.
10. Post Production
We will aim to show you at least the highlight video within a few weeks of the wedding/event however our speed will depend on how busy we are. You will receive the fully edited video within eight weeks (this is just to cover ourselves, we will aim to be far quicker) unless complications arise. Once created and delivered, any additional changes will require an extra charge, unless fault is with us. If you wish to display your videos publicly (ie online) this may breach copyright laws. Speak to us and we can work out a way of making a video using royalty free music.
The number of photographs you receive will be relevant to your chosen package. We will select and edit a few samples, and send them shortly after the wedding for you to enjoy whilst the main pictures are being selected for you to make your final choices for your photobook (if included in the previously discussed packages). Thousands of pictures can be taken through the day, so it may take a little time to choose however like the video we put a 8 weeks max time limit but will of course aim to be much quicker, and you will have a small selection no later than 14 days after the wedding.
11. Travel and Accommodation:
• Travel to and from venue and portrait locations will need to be arranged independently as Two Magpies Media are unable to transport passengers in their vehicle.
• Two Magpies Media will recover the cost of travel expenses where the wedding or shoot is within England, Cornwall and Wales. Travel outside of these areas will incur travel costs which will be agreed between both parties prior to final booking.
• It may be necessary to travel in the evening prior to the wedding to avoid traffic and other problems when the travel time exceeds 1.5 hours and it may also be necessary to stay overnight where a wedding runs late into the night. And is considered unsafe to drive home. The cost of accommodation shall be reimbursed from the client with regards to late running and distant weddings. All of the above, including the cost will be agreed prior to final booking.
• All travel costs will be agreed by both parties prior to booking.
12. Payments and Refunds
Should you choose to move forward, we will send or would have sent a short survey to collect relevant information needed for filing and we will also draft an invoice to collect payment. We accept bank and online transfers and Pay-Pal payments (small charge relevant to PayPal rules). The deposit will be at least £150 off the full amount and will need to be paid to secure the booking. The remaining balance will be due 4 weeks before the wedding/event. Deposits, including full payments as a deposit are non-refundable (50% of upfront payments will be refundable up until two weeks before the wedding). Full payment is refundable up until two hours before our call time on the day If we:
Fail to show
Are late (If the fault is with us and miss the ceremony)
Fail to shoot (due to equipment failure, negligence etc.)
Lose all footage or pictures
Fail to provide you with what was promised on time (not including instances in which we are waiting to hear back from you)
If a pandemic (such as Covid 19) forces you to postpone your date and we’re unable to accommodate, we will refund you 100% of your deposit.
We reserve the right to cancel a booking if we do not receive payment before the stated deadline. Your payment will be taken as your acceptance of our terms. Please check before payment that all relevant venues allow filming.
We do not accept any kind of abuse to any member of staff and may refuse to continue filming in the event of being exposed to unacceptable behaviour or if the situation is unresolved. A refund will not be given if we are forced to stop.
All being said, we endeavour to be as flexible and accommodating as possible. We enjoy what we do and want to make the best possible film of your special day and provide amazing photographs